Binge Eating Disorder & Emotional Overeating: Specialized Treatment
In 2014, our specialized eating disorder team at A New Beginning set out to create an innovative program developed specifically for emotional overeaters.
TheHealthyWeighOut is one of the first programs in our nation to specifically address the underlying emotional issues that drive people to compulsively overeat.
With a comprehensive focus on the Emotional, Nutritional, and Physical fitness components of health, our clients learn how to turn to food for nutritional need, not emotional hunger; to take a healthy “non-diet” approach to food; and to fall in love with healthy movement that is directed toward loving support of your body, not rigid or excessive exercise!
Out team has found that this comprehensive, healthy approach significantly reduces binge eating (in just 6 weeks!) and leads to long-term, sustainable change. Most importantly, our clients develop a positive relationship with themself, from the inside out!
TheHealthyWeighOut offers a variety of services to help people finally conquer overeating once and for all.
- Our most popular service is the 6-Week Emotional Eating Weight Loss Program, where participants are introduced to the Emotional, Nutritional, and Physical fitness fundamentals necessary for changing their relationship with food, their emotions, and their bodies. Three small group retreats coupled with one-on-one weekly services provide the structure needed for sustainable change to begin.
- For people who simply want a “taste” of the 6-week program and/or are unable to commit to the full 6 weeks, we offer a 2-Day Retreat, Because Diets Don’t Work, that provides an introduction to understanding your relationship with food and acquiring the first steps in breaking out of distressing overeating patterns.
- For people wanting a customized treatment approach, we also offer individual services with our clinical therapists, registered dietitian, and personal trainers, all of whom specialize in the treatment of binge eating disorder and related weight issues. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Nutritional Assessment
- Nutritional Therapy & Ongoing Support
- Physical Strength and Movement Assessment
- Individual and Group Intuitive Exercise Training Sessions (in our very own semi-private Intuitive Exercise Studio)
- Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes Nutritional Management & Support
- Individual, Couple, and/or Family Therapy
- DBT Skills Group
Whichever approach feels most comfortable for you to take, we look forward to showing you that “Diets Don’t Work,” but TheHealthyWeighOut does!
“It’s never too late – I am 57 years old and have battled emotional eating all my life. TheHealthyWeighOut program is truly life changing. Don’t hesitate a minute. It has been the BEST thing I have ever done for myself.” ~ 57-year old female treated for Binge Eating Disorder