PRIVATE Members’ Circle of HOPE
A Worldwide Web-Based Community for Emotional Eaters
Open to Members Seeking an
Emotionally Safe, Judgment-Free Experience of
Education, Inspiration & Support
In 2014, Dr. Julie T. Anné and Dr. Ashley Southardset out to change the world. Well, maybe it’s more accurate to say that they set out to change the manner in which people struggling with chronic overeating, emotional eating, binge eating behavior and associated issues with weight, were treated.
As seasoned eating disorder specialists, Dr. Julie and Dr. Ashley knew that compulsive overeating had very little to do with food. And just about everything to do with deeper underlying processes that affected your relationship with your emotions, your relationship with your Body, and your relationship with your Self.
After having had the privilege of helping literally hundreds of individuals FULLY heal their dysfunctional relationship with food through participation in TheHealthyWeighOut, innovative emotional & binge eating workshops they co-founded, they knew they needed to bring their original approach to true emotional eating resolutionto people outside of their Scottsdale, Arizona treatment center.
And the rest is history.
International podcasts, a YouTube channel, a Mayo Clinic School of Medicine Faculty appointment, media spots and associated status as international emotional eating experts later, Dr. Julie & Dr. Ashley received an outpouring of global requests asking them to make their groundbreaking healing work available to people throughout the world.
The result? A cutting edge international educational platform…
Inside the Mind of an Emotional Eater was born!
Meet Dr. Julie & Dr. Ashley, Renowned Emotional Eating Specialists
You are entering a really special, emotionally safe, judgment-free zone of support with real people who really get it. We are Dr. Julie & Dr. Ashley, your co-hosts on this educational journey of change!
With 44 years of combined emotional eating and eating disorder experience, we LOVE helping people to discover the TRUE hidden pieces beneath their compulsive drive for food. We know your desire to overeat is not simply about food! We’ll help you connect-the-dots and understand how your relationship with your emotions has everything to do with your relationship with food. And, we’ll help you value and accept your Self and your Body along the way!
Our Topics are about the REAL “Hidden Pieces” that Create (& Drive!) Emotional Eating & Binge Eating
Dr. Julie & Dr. Ashley credit their professional success and international following to their unique approach which helps you “connect-the-dots” between your oftentimes frustrating and CONFUSING eating behavior (we know you really DO want to eat “normally!”), and underlying “hidden pieces”that are frequently related to emotional, interpersonal or trauma issues that are unconsciously being “managed” through your relationship with food.
Through awareness, education, and support it IS possible to develop a healthy relationship with FOOD! But first, it’s necessary to understand the “hidden pieces” that can give rise to your seemingly unrelated compulsion to overeat.
Here’s a brief sample of the many topics Dr. Julie & Dr. Ashley will tackle in their Educational VideoCast, “The Deeper Work:”
Vulnerability – We all want closeness, and we all fear closeness! Especially, if you have been wounded by people in your past. We’ll discuss how approaching Life in an emotionally guarded manner can lead to feeling alone, misunderstood, not cared for, not loved (or lovable), or resentful toward others… making food a “safe” and reliable best friend.
Living Life in a Passive vs. Empowered Manner – Do you speak up for your Self, let others know your needs, or express hurt feelings when they occur in interpersonal relationships? Many times, when you do not express your true feelings, it makes you feel a lack of control in your life or a lack of value within your Self. This can lead to feelings of hurt, frustration, resentment, or the desire to retreat from others… leading to the use of food as a means to comfort your Self, cope, or “stuff” hurt or painful feelings.
Fear of Feeling – Did you grow up in a family where it was not “safe”to express your feelings? Were you ridiculed for sharing delicate parts of your Self? Or, was there SO much anger, physical violence or emotional rejection in your home environment, that you learned how to thwart your feelings as a means to survive… making you an Adult who is completely disconnected from your Self, and your Emotions?
If this is true, you likely have ABSOLUTELY no idea WHY you are overeating, or you might feel frustrated when you are asked, “What are you feeling when you reach for food?”
Fear of Intimacy – Many times, past traumatic experiences in childhood make it overwhelming or scary (at best) to fathom getting close to others in adulthood. Yet, as human beings, we are literally neurologically “hard-wired” to yearn for and NEED intimacy and connection with people. This underlying push-pull can unconsciously drive you toward food, as a “safe” replacement that provides emotional and physical comfort or the experience of feeling emotionally and physically”satisfied,” albeit through the misguided use of food.
Shame – Typically, people who struggle with emotional overeating feel an abundance of shame; shame for their behaviors, shame for their Body or weight, shame for their Self. This can be misunderstood as related solely to food-related behaviors, when oftentimes the experience of shame is related to earlier, underlying feelings about your value or your Self, which were created long before your eating behavior became problematic. In a gentle, empathic and compassionate manner, we will explore this topic over many emotionally safe and SUPPORTIVE “educational chats.”
Intuitive Eating, Intuitive Eating, Intuitive Eating (Did we say, “Intuitive Eating?”). You may have heard that the ONLY way to stop yo-yo dieting is to learn intuitive eating skills. Yet, it is REALLY hard to do without a lot of education and support! That’s why our super-compassionate, emotional eating dietitian, Amy Reynolds, RD will be providing an abundance of education to help you gradually let go of dieting and to adopt an emotionally healthy approach to food – that will last a lifetime!
“The Deeper Work” VideoCast titles just announced! Here’s a sampling of upcoming episodes with Dr. Julie & Dr. Ashley:
- October 16: Why we NEED “The Deeper Work”
- October 23: Vulnerability – Hiding Out with Food
- October 30: A Painful Paradox: Needing Food, Blaming Your Self
- November 6: Not Seen, Not Heard, Not Safe: Painful Pasts
- November 20: Replaying History: Abandoning Your Self
- December 4: Not Alone, Always Lonely
- December 18: Asking for What You Need (It’s Not Food)
- January 8: New Year. Old You: Recovery of Your REAL Self
- January 22: Shame: Hiding Self, Seeking Food
- February 5: Fear of Intimacy: When Food is Your Safest Lover
“Chew on This” VideoCast titles just announced! Here’s a sampling of upcoming episodes with Amy Reynolds, RD:
- October 17: Intuitive Eating & Why We Hate Dietitians
- October 24: Dieting: Where Everything’s Made Up and The Points Don’t Matter
- October 31: Carbs, Fats and Proteins, Oh My!
- November 7: Listening To Your Body: Hunger, Appetite, Fullness & Feelings
- November 21: Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie: Permission To Eat Granted
- December 5: The Food Police: Who They Are, What They Want and Why They Suck
- December 19: Unpopular Opinion: You Don’t Have To Join A Gym
- January 9: How “Health” and “Wellness” Hurt
- January 23: I Can’t Get No Satisfaction and Why That’s A Problem
Membership in our “Circle of HOPE” Community includes:
- “Real time” access to Dr. Julie & Dr. Ashley through their weekly 45-minute educational VideoCast, “The Deeper Work.” Our interactive VideoCasts alternate between topical themes relevant to emotional and binge eating recovery and member-driven”real time” Q&A video episodes. (Recorded educational VideoCasts are made available to monthly members for 2 weeks and then are archived for unlimited access for our annual members)
- “Real time” access to “Intuitive Eating” education and Q&A through weekly 45-minute VideoCast, “Chew on This” with Emotional Eating Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator, Amy Reynolds, RD. (Recorded “educational VideoCasts are made available to monthly members for 2 weeks and then are archived for unlimited access for our annual members)
- Encouraging educational and support posts structured throughout the week, designed to lift you up and move you forward in your journey toward understanding and change. Think: Mission Monday, Tiny-Win Wednesday & Frustrating Friday 🙂
- Dr. Ashley’s fun video series, “Recovery Hacks,” offering you quick tips and “tricks’ to make your emotional eating recovery process easier. The FULL “Recovery Hacks” video series is available exclusively to our Private “Circle of HOPE” Members (monthly and annual members).
- Discounted rates on upcoming online programs and fun merchandise.
- Exclusive for our Annual Members: Unlimited lifetime access to archived videos of ALL recorded educational VideoCasts and Q&A episodes with Dr. Julie, Dr. Ashley and Amy Reynolds, RD , Mission Mondays & Recovery Hacks.
A Unique Space to Learn, Ask, Laugh, Engage & Be Supported!
We know that the journey toward change is difficult. And, while it’s “easier,” “safer,” or more “comfortable” to retreat and try to change your Self, it’s nearly impossible (and quite lonely) to achieve meaningful change without helpful education and the support of others.
That’s why we created this innovative, empathic, emotionally safe space where like-hearted, like-bodied (wonderful!) people can come together.
Through “real time” educational VideoChats with Drs. Julie & Ashley, Q&A video episodes, weekly engagement through inspirational and supportive posts, and spontaneous sharing amongst our private community of Circle of HOPE members, we know that you will find the synergy and support of a safe, respectful community to be INSTRUMENTAL in your emotional growth and behavioral change!
Of course, active participation is always respectfully OPTIONAL.
But we hope you’ll test out the waters and find that when you swim within a pool of like-hearted individuals, school is a lot more enjoyable:)
What Does “Private” Mean?
Our “Circle of HOPE” is a subscription-only membership community. While we utilize a web-based format that allows people from all over the world to join, the only people who are able to have access to the community are people who have formally joined the membership group. This allows us to have a close-knit “private”community with interaction occurring ONLY between people who have formally joined the community.
* Two Levels of Membership
You’ll see from the description above that we offer two levels of membership; monthly and annual.
Without ANY pressure, annual membership affords the following benefits over monthly membership:
- Unlimited access to recorded educational VideoChats and Q&A video episodes. Following each “real time” event, we make available recorded versions to watch for members who were not able to attend during the “real time” event. Members at the monthly level have two weeks to access recorded material. Annual members have unlimited access to recordings.
- Similarly, annual members have unlimited access to additional educational recorded material such as: Dr. Ashley’s “Recovery Hacks” FULL video series and Dr. Julie’s “Mission Monday” video posts.
- There are substantial savings to your overall membership cost if you opt to join as an annual vs. monthly member.
- Without pressure, you are welcome to upgrade to an annual membership at any time to receive this membership savings and to have more liberal, unlimited access to our archived recorded material:)
Thank you for Trusting us with your
Heart & HOPE <3
We KNOW how difficult it can be to TRUST and to HOPE, once again, that someone will introduce you to something that will help you to change behavior that oftentimes makes you feel shameful, out of control, “weak,” like “something’s wrong with me,” or hopeless.
Every time a new member steps into our “Circle,” we celebrate a dual event. You trusting us. And us having the surreal opportunity to reach yet another person with knowledge that we know will open your eyes and help change your behavior, from the inside-out.
Thank you for trusting us with your vulnerable Self. We look forward to gently guiding you into life-enhancing change.
Your Co-Hosts… In heart & health,
Drs. Julie & Ashley!
* Note: All activity within Inside the Mind of an Emotional Eater (IMEE) is strictly EDUCATIONAL in nature and does not constitute entering into a therapeutic relationship with Dr. Julie, Dr. Ashley or any other professional associated with IMEE. IMEE is not a replacement for psychotherapy, when needed.
** Note: IMEE is a division that operates within TheHealthyWeighOut, LLC
*** By becoming a member of our Circle of HOPE, you understand and agree to our Terms & Conditions of Use.