Anorexia & Bulimia
Hopeful Treatment for Eating Disorders
If you are struggling with an eating disorder be it anorexia, bulimia or binge eating disorder, chances are you are feeling isolated and alone and are wondering if you will ever regain healthy control over your relationship with food, your body, and your life.
We’d like to assure you… Full Recovery Happens!
Specialized Treatment of Anorexia & Bulimia: Committed to Bringing Every Client to Full Recovery!
Driven by our heartfelt passion to help each and every one of our clients achieve FULL RECOVERY and the healthy life you deserve, our professional team of eating disorder specialists at A New Beginning are committed to supporting you, guiding you, and helping you to achieve the healthy life you envision.
A New Beginning’s 26+ years of clinical experience has repeatedly shown that full recovery from all eating disorders happens! We are very proud to offer our clients a hopeful approach that provides you with an effective therapeutic “road map” that will help you develop emotional skills that will not only work on temporary behavioral change, but most importantly, will help you identify and completely resolve the underlying root causes of your dysfunctional relationship with food, your body, and your self; making long-term, full recovery possible!
If you are one of the 10 million Americans (one million of whom are men) who suffer from one or more form of eating disorders, please get help. Research now shows that 60-90% of individuals who seek treatment for an eating disorder fully recover, but only 1 out of 10 people struggling with an eating disorder ever seek treatment.
“If you’re reading this then at some level you are searching for help. Forget your past experiences with other therapists and call A New Beginning. You will have a family of non-judgmental professionals that cares about you and always has your best interest at heart.” —DM
Do I have an Eating Disorder?
Like so many disorders, individuals who suffer from anorexic or bulimic display a broad range of varying symptoms that may or may not fall within one specific diagnostic eating disorder category. Because of this, many individuals question whether they actually have an eating disorder and oftentimes allow this ambivalence to be a barrier to seeking treatment.
While the following is a descriptive overview of characteristics and symptoms typically associated with anorexia nervosa and bulimia, please know that eating disordered symptoms oftentimes overlap across categories and/or can present in an atypical manner.
Anorexia Nervosa is typically characterized by three main diagnostic components:
- Eating very little food, which leads to a significantly low body weight
- Intense fear of gaining weight or becoming fat, or ongoing behaviors that interfere with weight gain
- Distorted perception of one’s own body, weight, or shape; or sense of self strongly influenced by body image; or denial about severity of current low body weight
There are two subtypes of Anorexia:
- Restricting Type, in which significant weight loss is achieved through restricting, fasting, and/or excessive exercise
- Binge-Eating/Purging Type, in which a person engages in recurrent episodes of binge eating or purging behavior (e.g., self-induced vomiting, misuse of laxatives) while maintaining a significantly low weight.
Bulimia nervosa is typically characterized by three main components:
- Episodes of binge eating, which occur at least once a week for 3 months
- Use of inappropriate compensatory behaviors (e.g., self-induced vomiting, misuse of laxatives) to prevent weight gain at least once a week for 3 months
- Self-evaluation is significantly influenced by body shape and weight
Comprehensive Treatment of Eating Disorders
If you see yourself in any of the symptoms listed above, chances are you are struggling with some form of disordered eating that warrants a specialized assessment and possibly treatment.
A New Beginning offers well-researched, innovative approaches that give HOPE and brings you to a place
of FULL and lasting recovery!
“I have been recovered now for 8 years! I never thought that would be possible. I can’t imagine how different life would be if I never sought treatment. I feel so fortunate to have found Dr. Anné and A New Beginning. Recovery is possible!!!”
Remember… You are Not Alone!
FULL recovery from all eating disorders is possible… we’d be honored to help you achieve it! Please call: 480-941-4247