There is nothing more frightening than watching your child’s weight drop significantly or discovering that your child is engaging in some form(s) of eating disordered behavior.
Horrified, you attempt to get your child’s eating behavior back “on track,” only to come up against significant resistance and/or the denial that characterizes the complex and confusing eating disorders called “anorexia” and “bulimia.”
Nutrition Therapy: Imperative for Successful Eating Disorder Treatment
Because eating disorders are a psychological illness that also affects the health of your body, we have found it imperative to include nutrition therapy as part of your child’s effective treatment plan for anorexia and/or bulimia.
Especially for children and teens who are in the active process of growing, proper nutritional care is an important part of a successful and responsible treatment plan. A New Beginning’s team of nutrition specialists take an integrated approach to eating disorder treatment and will, therefore, communicate regularly with your child’s pediatrician and/or psychotherapist for a comprehensive approach to your child’s treatment.
Family Involvement for FULL Recovery & Success!
A New Beginning recognizes the significant role that family’s play in setting the nature and tone of food-related values, beliefs and behaviors. That is why we believe that a healthy amount of engagement and support in your child’s treatment by family members is an imperative part of your child’s successful eating disorder treatment,
Family members, as a result, are encouraged to ask questions, participate is sessions, and to learn how to best support your child’s eating disorder recovery process.
Nutrition Behaviors & Skills for Successful Recovery
At A New Beginning, we utilize a vast amount of fun, creative and successful skill-building services that will result in your child’s ability to approach food in a manner which will ultimately make your child healthier from a mind and body perspective.
Here is a brief list of the many treatment areas and services we offer in support of your child and your family:
- Individual Nutrition Counseling for Pediatric Eating Disorders (Anorexia & Bulimia)
- “Atypical” Eating Disorders (ARFID and BED)
- Weight Management and Co-Existing Ttype 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Type I Diabetes
- Family Guidance and Coaching
- Meal Planning & Personalized Menu Creation
- Real-Time Grocery Shopping Guidance for Family
- Anti-Diet Pediatric Nutrition Support
- Basic and Advanced Nutrition Education
- Nutrition Testing for Metabolic Functioning
- Nutrition Testing for Gastrointestinal Health
- Clinical Expertise for Additional and/or Underlying Health Issues (Gastrointestinal, Food Sensitivities/Allergies, Nutritional Deficiencies)
Change IS Possible
If your child or teen is struggling with an eating disorder, please do not despair! With proper and timely nutritional treatment, FULL recovery can happen:)